Updated on Nov. 4, 2001
- This is a utility that allows you to work with zip and jar files.
- MasterMind Applet (click to play)
- Try to deduce the secret code. You will be graded with the correct digits in the correct location on the
right, and the correct digits in the wrong location on the left. The hints come from my Mastermind technique of only
using guesses that are possible using previous grading. It will also tell you how many possibilities exist taking into account previous guesses and grades.
- MasterMind Hint Applet (click to play)
- This will help you look like a genius playing master mind. Simply enter your guess and grades, and this applet will tell you what to guess next.
- Concentration Applet (click to play)
- Try to match the pairs. The pairs are loaded from the file jeff.txt.
- I use this server to allow both of my computers to browse the internet through one modem.
The caching strategy that I use seems to allow a little faster browsing than usual as well.
Run this on your modem machine, starting only after you have logged on, then tell your
browsers to use a proxy at YOURHOST:8080
- This FTP server does not do it all, but it does sufficient to serve files. There
currently is one hard coded valid user: jeff/nutt. This only works in binary mode
- This is a chat-like server that makes use of the telnet client. Start this server then
type: telnet YOURHOST 7500. You can then chat with people on your network.
- This server can be used to "bend the corner" on networks. The syntax is: java PTServer localPort remoteHost remotePort. It is also very useful in gathering information about client/server protocols, etc. because it you can insert it between a server and client and "listen".
- This server allows one to telnet into your machine (Microsoft) just like on UNIX. It allows one to remotely start processes.
- This can take two parameters. The first is the port, and the second is the document root. ie. java WebServer 80 c:\htmlRoot
- This server does little more than serve files to the web, although some form of CGI script may work.
It does not serve directory info.
- Backup will copy the directory from pathA to pathB. If the file in pathB is newer, it is not overwritten. If the file exists with the same date and size, it is not recopied. This needs Java 1.2
- Weed will remove all files from pathB that exist with the same size and date in pathA. This is useful in the case where windows has been reinstalled in a new directory, but you are not sure if there is important data in the old directory but you want to get rid of what you can.
- This will display JPG files in a single directory one at a time with a 15s interval. A left click zooms in, a right click zooms out, and the space bar moves to the next picture.
- LoanCalc can calculate mortgage loan types of information. Graph can graph information contained in an array. Neither are really "complete" but may be good spring boards for something you were thinking about.
The preceding represents work that I have done at home as a hobby.
I have found it enlightening, and powerful. Feel free to use it as you like as long as it
is understood that I will always have the right to use this code as I wish (you may not claim
copyright privileges that would deny my right to use it).
The following will compile and run (ie.) the ProxyServer (if the jdk is installed in c:\java):